50 Years of Love, Life & Business W/ Dan & Joanne Miller
Prefer to listen to the audio? Click here.
Episode Brief DescriptionWhat does it take to not only build a successful business, but also a successful like and marriage of 50 years? Dan Miller & his wife Joanne join us today to share their secrets
Build the Business YOU Need, to Support the Life You Crave for Your Loved Ones.
No more shots in the dark, hoping that new tactic or trick you heard about will work for your business. Get guidance, strategies and accountability from real people who actually CARE about your results. Our members are seeing results, not only in their business but in their LIFE! As a Lifestyle Builder, we’ll help you get crystal clear on what you want in life, and how you can build your business to get you those results. If you’re ready to stop guessing and start taking intentional actions in your business, sign up to be a Lifestyle Builder today!
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:34] – Welcome
- [01:20] – Meet Dan and Joanne
- [05:06] – “We may not have as much wisdom and we have experience, but, believe me, we have a LOT of experience.” – Joanne
- [05:20] – Losing everything – rock bottom
- [05:44] – Navigating the home with 3 small kids and a total loss of income
- Put the fear in the background
- [08:20] – Showing up for your family
- [09:37] – “The atmosphere in our house never changed… the peaceful, safe space of our house never changed, even though the outside was a disaster.” – Dan
- [11:31] – Giving experiences
- [13:46] – “We were very intentional about how uniquely gifted our children were, and they’re all very different. There was no cookie cutter plan for them.” – Dan
- [16:58] – Raising kids with an entrepreneurial mindset
- [22:50] – “When we talk about legacy, it’s through the family, not the business.” – Dan
- [23:33] – Enjoying the relationship
- [27:00] – Navigating personality differences
- [31:28] – “One of the signs of a person at the top of their game, is they look for people to coach them. They look for excellence.” – Dan
- [33:50] – The pieces of me – Joanne’s perspective
- [39:28] – Building a lifestyle
- [41:46] – Key takeaway
- Dan – Value the realtionship
- Joanne – Do not be too busy that you forget to make a life
- [43:43] – “Money is the easiest thing to replace.” – Dan
- [44:05] – Where to find Dan and Joanne
Guest BioThey met on Joanne’s first day of college at Ohio State. Committed to personal priorities, Dan and wife Joanne have been happily married for over 50 years.They have 3 grown children, all entrepreneurs, and enjoy spending time with their 14 grandchildren on a beautiful 9 acres in beautiful, rural Franklin, TN. They’ve lived the life of an entrepreneurial family and are both authors, speakers, and motivators. Dan’s #1 Book: 48 Days to the Work You Love Joanne’s Books & Art Collection
You don’t have to do this on your own.
This is just another “Membership” this is Mentorship. That means you get to *actually* talk to the hosts! It’s not just another training portal full of hours of videos you don’t have time to watch, or a Facebook group full of team moderators. Tom & I are THERE with you, along with the rest of the #LifestyleBuilders family. To answer questions, give feedback, celebrate wins & support you on your not-so-happy days. Strategy. Guidance. Actionable Training. Accountability.