Adding Your Partner in Life As Your Partner in Business with John Lee Dumas & Kate Erickson
Prefer to listen to the audio? Click here.
Episode Brief DescriptionWhat happens when you are running a successful business and you invite your spouse to join? John Lee Dumas & Kate Erickson share their experience as they partner on Entrepreneurs On Fire
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:47] – Welcome to COUPLES MONTH!
- [01:36] – Meet John and Kate from EOFire
- [04:36] – When Kate made the decision to leave the corporate world
- 2012/13 working in Ad and Marketing, but realizing John may have had the right idea pursuing his passions
- [10:48] – Personal relationship meets professional relationship
- [11:36] – “Initially I had these fears running through my mind, like… I don’t wanna be a secretary!” – Kate
- [13:25] – “You need a strong understanding of what you’re really good at, A, but B, what you SHOULD BE doing within that area.” – John
- [14:40] – Managing conflict without crossing the line between business and personal life
- [16:04] – “John gets an idea and he has already done it!” – Kate
- [19:54] – Making an impact
- [26:35] – Takeaway advice – Working together isn’t for everyone, but, it is worth the try.
- [29:50] – Where to find John and Kate