Dad Guilt is Real
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
You hear a lot about mom-guilt these days, but let’s be honest – dads have guilt too! In today’s episode, we’re diving into the struggles of entrepreneur dads and how you can free yourself from that guilt
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:14] – Welcome
- [01:24] – You hear about Mom Guilt everywhere… but where do Dads fit in?
- Shifting roles has led to more and more dads feeling the guilt when it comes to their family and how they are able to show up for them
- [04:13] – Mom groups are EVERYwhere, but dads often struggle to find the same
- [08:20] – Feeling isolated
- [10:50] – Expectations, usually presented as “The Hussle.” While this can be either parent, the majority is placed on the male role
- [15:30] – Utilizing the Life Planner
- [18:50] – Define the way YOU want to show up
- [19:23] – Communication
- [24:23] – Action Items
- [26:04] – Tom’s Bookshelf
- Post in the comments, What is 1 thing you’re feeling guilt about and how to you plan to attack it?
- Go seek out someone that you can talk to about these types of issues
52 Things Daughters Need From Their Dads
52 Things Sons Need From Their Dads
- While you hear about Mom Guilt everywhere, you don’t often hear much about Dad Guilt, but its equally real
- Reaching out to others in your same position is critical for dealing with these feelings
- Learn to define the way YOU want to show up for your family, and leave the expectations behind