Entrepreneurial Inception: Generations of Business Owner Couples w/ Tony Banta & Suzanne Mattern
Prefer to listen to the audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
What happens when two children of entrepreneurs meet and decide to not only date, but also join forces in the business? Guests Tony Banta and Suzanne Mattern discuss this with us
Build the Business YOU Need, to Support the Life You Crave for Your Loved Ones.
No more shots in the dark, hoping that new tactic or trick you heard about will work for your business. Get guidance, strategies and accountability from real people who actually CARE about your results.
Our members are seeing results, not only in their business but in their LIFE! As a Lifestyle Builder, we’ll help you get crystal clear on what you want in life, and how you can build your business to get you those results. If you’re ready to stop guessing and start taking intentional actions in your business, sign up to be a Lifestyle Builder today!
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:49] – Welcome
- [01:40] – Meet Tony and Suzanne
- [04:49] – The couple who came from a couple of couple entrepreneurs! (Say that 3 times fast!)
- [05:10] – The timeline of (backwards) events
- Business came only 6 months into dating
- Having those tough business minded conversations led to a stronger understanding of the personal relationship, which is now headed for a wedding!
- [11:00] – Growing up in entrepreneurial families
- [12:05] – “This was all I really knew. It became second nature.” – Suzanne
- [14:50] – “One of the differences is that my family didn’t really have many of those really healthy conversations.” – Tony
- [17:10] – Combining experiences and moving forward
- [18:43] – Creating roles by focusing on strengths and weaknesses
- [24:09] – Making mistakes and embracing change
- [26:50] – Separating life and business by removing expectations
- [34:50] – “I think actually being willing to have it not work and still being ok in your relationship, gives us that freedom that it really will work.” – Tony
- [37:48] – “We used to joke – now mind you, I NEVER used to cry in a meeting in any other company – ‘Oh! It’s been 30 days since Suzanne cried in a meeting!'” – Suzanne
- [38:00] – The importance of 90 day meetings
- [43:58] – Key takeaway
- Suzanne – Have realistic expectations, but know that you can have everything you want
- Tony – Find mentors and a community to connect with and support you
- [49:07] – Where to find Tony and Suzanne
Find Our Guests!
Social: Find Tony on Facebook @TonyBanta, and Suzanne on Facebook @Suzanne.Mattern
Find Tony on Instagram @TonyBanter
We are the Client Fulfillment Couple! We help client based businesses deliver amazing client results, on scale. Taking Tony’s expertise in corporate training and consulting and Suzanne’s experience in hospitality, we are the dream team that helps your clients love you and love their results (all while turning nightmare clients into dream clients.)
You don’t have to do this on your own.
This is just another “Membership” this is Mentorship.
That means you get to *actually* talk to the hosts! It’s not just another training portal full of hours of videos you don’t have time to watch, or a Facebook group full of team moderators. Tom & I are THERE with you, along with the rest of the #LifestyleBuilders family. To answer questions, give feedback, celebrate wins & support you on your not-so-happy days.
Strategy. Guidance. Actionable Training. Accountability.