Can I Be an Entrepreneur and Still Love My Job with Andy Hill
Prefer to listen to the audio? Click here.
Episode Brief DescriptionDo you have to quit your job to be an entrepreneur? Today we chat with guest Andy Hill about how and why he is building his side-business with no plans to quit his job.
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:48] – About our Guest
- [03:00] – Meet Andy
- [04:08] – “I just wanted to flex my creative muscle, my entrepreneur muscle and do something a little different, but I like my job and I like the stability of it.” -Andy
- [06:45] -Andy’s experience with personal finance & paying down debt
- “It doesn’t really matter how much you make, it matters what you do with it” -Andy
- [10:55] – “What do you want your life to look like, and then look at different options to make that happen” – Ariana
- Stay in your job, cut expenses & pay down debt
- Use a “side-hustle” to pay down debt
- [12:36] – Personal motivation in your life & business often leads to fulfillment, which can help you enjoy & achieve more in your day job
- [14:00] – Don’t get caught in the mental/emotional trap of the entrepreneur trend of “I hate my job”.
- [17:09] – Side Hustle of Hobby?
- [22:19] – “The habits people have in their personal life, carry over into their business.” -Tom
- [25:36] – “A tool is not a magic button, you have to have your processes in place first” – Ariana
- [28:10] – How do you manage it all? The job, the business, the family? “Systems & processes help me get through it. It’s also setting boundaries of when I have family time and when I have business time” – Andy
- [29:04] Andy’s strategy for being a more present husband & father
- [32:30] Modeling behaviors – Marriage, kids & finances
- [33:08] “I get a new day everyday to try to be the best husband I can be” – Andy
- [36:26] “Be wary of the folks out there, the gurus, that say everything is roses and sunshine, because you know that’s not true” – Andy
- [37:13] Find Andy