Family, Finances & Full-Time Entrepreneurship w/ Philip “PT” & Teresa Taylor
Prefer to listen to the audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
Managing your money in a smart way can make your life and business easier, especially when transitioning to full-time entrepreneurship. Philip “PT Money” & Teresa Taylor join us to discuss
Build the Business YOU Need, to Support the Life You Crave for Your Loved Ones.
No more shots in the dark, hoping that new tactic or trick you heard about will work for your business. Get guidance, strategies and accountability from real people who actually CARE about your results.
Our members are seeing results, not only in their business but in their LIFE! As a Lifestyle Builder, we’ll help you get crystal clear on what you want in life, and how you can build your business to get you those results. If you’re ready to stop guessing and start taking intentional actions in your business, sign up to be a Lifestyle Builder today!
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:40] – Welcome
- [01:30] – Meet Philip “PT” and Theresa
- [04:00] – The timeline
- [06:12] – Turning a hobby into a full time business
- [07:46] – “It did not occur to me that he would ever drop [corporate job] it.” – Theresa
- [09:01] – Leaning out and living on 1 paycheck
- [12:34] – Living lean
- [15:45] – Planning life and selling the dream
- [18:06] – “The joke is like ‘Throw me an idea and if I shoot it down in like 5-10 seconds, its probably a winner!'” – Theresa
- [22:33] – “Saving to give”
- [25:22] – Balance and routine
- [29:30] – Tag Team parenting
- [36:30] – Money tips from PT
- Live lean
- Automate your finances
- Hide money on yourself
- Pay yourself first
- Marry a frugal wife! LOL
- [44:23] – Key takeaway
- PT – Fix your financial life to find your freedom
- Theresa – Be intentional
- [47:00] – Where to find PT and Theresa
Philip and Teresa Taylor live in Frisco, TX with their three young children. Philip is a CPA, blogger, podcaster, and the entrepreneur behind FinCon, the industry-leading event and community hub for personal finance media/influencers. Teresa is a former special education teacher with a Masters Degree in Adaptive P.E.. She currently supports Philip in his work and also runs the Taylor household on a full-time basis.
You don’t have to do this on your own.
This is just another “Membership” this is Mentorship.
That means you get to *actually* talk to the hosts! It’s not just another training portal full of hours of videos you don’t have time to watch, or a Facebook group full of team moderators. Tom & I are THERE with you, along with the rest of the #LifestyleBuilders family. To answer questions, give feedback, celebrate wins & support you on your not-so-happy days.
Strategy. Guidance. Actionable Training. Accountability.