Focusing Your Actions on Immediate Results (vs. Long Term)
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
You probably have more things on your to do list than you can accomplish. In this episode, we will discuss why you should focus your actions on items giving you immediate results.
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:53] – Welcome
- [11:20] – “Set your end goals and then work backwards.” – Tom
- [15:00] – Deciding where to focus
- [21:53] – Setting 90 Day Goals
- Define what key actions you will need to take in those 90 days
- [23:36] – Determine what phase of business you’re currently in
- Break down your key actions based on your current phase
- Do only what serves you in the present moment
- Set metrics to track your progress
- [26:56] – Getting rid of things that are not serving you
- Always remember that Not Now does not have to mean Not Ever
- [29:27] – Opportunity costs
- [37:22] – Your Homework
- [39:06] – Tom’s Bookshelf
- Identify 5 immediate action results and find time in your week to implement them.
- Look at your goals and make a list of your current activities. Make a plan to cut or add as needed.
The Pumpkin Plan
- Define what area of your business needs your immediate attention and take action on it now
- Track your goals and decide when to level up
- Do not be afraid to let go of things that are not serving your best interest.