Implementing Systems & Processes
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
Having good processes and systems are CRITICAL to allowing your business to grow and scale. In this episode, we discuss some of the benefits and walk you through how to get started creating processes today.
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:54] – Welcome
- [04:34] – Why should you implement sytems for your business?
- [05:20] – Systems and processes allow you to be more effective
- Effective before efficient
- Effective means doing it the RIGHT way first. Do not try to optimize too quickly
- [10:09] – Becoming efficient
- Go through all of your processes manually first
- Look into ways to automate your steps
- [14:33] – Effective and efficient leads to more profit
- [15:33] – Getting started
- Take a look at your big picture view – what are the major pieces?
- [16:45] – Map it out
- [18:00] – Discover your 5-7 core processes
- [20:02] – Review and identify any challenges. Adjust processes/systems to fit your goal
- Weekly or monthly check ins will help identify any room for improvement or changes needed
- [26:07] – Define your process into steps
- Trigger – How to begin
- 5-7 major steps to complete the task
- [27:47] – Podcast Process image – *Photo below
- [29:09] – Post steps to close it out
- [31:02] – Process first before tools
- Do I have the right people?
- Do I have the right processes mapped out?
- Find a tool to FIT your business, don’t try to fit a tool
- Don’t let technology make things more complicated
- [33:54] – Homework
- [35:20] – Toms Bookshelf
- Check out the Podcast Process document
- Once you have taken a look at the Podcast Process Doc, think of a challenge of your own and create your first process to fix the issue
Built to Sell
- Learn how to begin setting your business systems and processes
- Work through challenges by listing out in full detail what it takes to complete steps of your business model
- Find ways to create more efficiency and therefore more profit!