Let Go of Parental Guilt
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
As parents & entrepreneurs, it can sometimes be easy to let the guilt of all the things you could be doing better overwhelm you. In today’s episode we’re going to talk about some of the common causes of parental guilt, and how to get rid of it!
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:14] – Welcome
- [03:25] – It takes a village to raise a child! Be sure you have a good support system in place
- [06:25] – Be aware that the village will want to weigh in. Sift through the advice to find what works for you, and do not be afraid to set boundaries for others
- [09:25] – Utilizing a life planner
- [10:41] – Don’t allow social media to convince you that you’re not doing enough
- [16:13] – Don’t allow kids expectations to add to your guilt, set boundaries for them, as well
- [19:11] – You know your kids best, you decide what will work for your family dynamic
- [23:38] – Action Items
- Define who is in your “village”
- Take some time to fill out the 2 page Life Planner and take time after to discuss with your partner