Making Your Relationship “Legendary” w/ Danielle & Justin Williams
Prefer to listen to the audio? Click here.
Episode Brief DescriptionWhat does it take to make your marriage “legendary”? How does that change when you have a business? Those are the topics that we discussed with guests Danielle & Justin Williams
Build the Business YOU Need, to Support the Life You Crave for Your Loved Ones.
No more shots in the dark, hoping that new tactic or trick you heard about will work for your business. Get guidance, strategies and accountability from real people who actually CARE about your results. Our members are seeing results, not only in their business but in their LIFE! As a Lifestyle Builder, we’ll help you get crystal clear on what you want in life, and how you can build your business to get you those results. If you’re ready to stop guessing and start taking intentional actions in your business, sign up to be a Lifestyle Builder today!
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:49] – Welcome
- [01:38] – Meet Justin and Danielle
- [04:10] – 2005 – Financial crisis led to relationship crisis followed by a life reset
- [07:00] – Finding a community to save us
- [08:50] – Vulnerability
- [12:12] – Facing problems
- [14:24] – “For us, we’re on the journey to building a legendary marriage, but there is no destination where we are going that we are going to be the qualified, perfect couple.” – Danielle
- [16:00] – Utilizing coaches, in life and business
- [16:18] – “You cannot be coach, counselor and pastor to your spouse. Do not try!” – Justin
- [17:47] – Friends are not optional, they’re necessary
- [18:57] – Self care = Best self
- [21:36] – Mom mode
- [26:44] – “Do not wait until your marriage is in the crapper!” – Danielle
- [27:12] – Invest consistently in your marriage
- [28:02] – “Don’t settle for ordinary.” – Danielle
- [28:43] – “Ordinary is average.” – Justin
- [29:02] – Work to get beyond the “Performance Standard”
- [33:33] – “Demands on your time will always exceed your expectations.” – Justin
- [35:40] – Time blocking
- [38:15] – Playing different roles
- [43:30] – Thoughts become things, so be careful with the words you choose to describe yourself
- [46:30] – Calling out vs Calling forth
- [49:54] – “When you’re in a good place with each other, you assume the best of the other person.” – Danielle
- [51:41] – Key takeaway
- Justin – Create your legacy and live on purpose
- Danielle – Know yourself and love your spouse
- [54:39] – Where to find Justin and Danielle
Guest BioWe’re Danielle and Justin Williams, the dynamic behind The Legendary Marriage Podcast, and we’ve been through our share of trials and challenges together, including a battle with infertility. (We won, so suck it endometriosis) We went through a crisis in our marriage in 2005 and found our way back to each other, so we started helping other couples to break free from their old patterns of resignation, resentment and settling for “good enough.” Now, we host the Legendary Marriage Podcast, and lead our online Community, as well as our Academy and Intensive coaching programs.
You don’t have to do this on your own.
This is just another “Membership” this is Mentorship. That means you get to *actually* talk to the hosts! It’s not just another training portal full of hours of videos you don’t have time to watch, or a Facebook group full of team moderators. Tom & I are THERE with you, along with the rest of the #LifestyleBuilders family. To answer questions, give feedback, celebrate wins & support you on your not-so-happy days. Strategy. Guidance. Actionable Training. Accountability.