Organic Marketing Before Paid Marketing
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
In today’s business world, it’s easy to get caught up in the glamour & promise of paid marketing to bring customers into your business. In this episode, we’re going to talk about why organic marketing is something every business should do before paying for any kind of ads
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:15] – Welcome
- [01:52] – Early on in your business, you really have a lot of testing to do before any marketing takes place
- [02:26] – Organic marketing is FREE!
- See what works first
- Your first sale will always be the hardest
- [05:18] – Testing ideas and making sales
- Find where your ideal clients are, they will become your 1st sale
- [09:07] – Because there are literally thousands of paid ads every day, you need to be sure that you’re targeting the right people. Knowing your customer journey is critical at this stage
- [11:24] – Money never solves the problem. You need to solve the problem for your customers first
- [14:09] – Move from hot to cold customers, even though it may seem backward. Focus first on the people who know you
- [22:19] – Action Items
- Take someone that you follow, head over to their website and walk through their organic marketing. What steps do you take to ultimately get to purchase?
- Do an audit of your marketing. Do you have a short path set up for your hot customers?
- Learn the reasons it’s often best to keep the paid marketing ads as a final step in your marketing ploy
- It is important to keep in mind… organic marketing is FREE!
- Be sure you are very clear on your customer journey before delving into the world of paid maketing