Overcoming The 5 Biggest Productivity Drains
Prefer just the audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
As entrepreneurs, our time is literally money. In this episode, we introduce 5 of the biggest productivity drains and provide your strategies to overcome them.
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:52] – Welcome
- [04:14] – Multitasking
- [09:03] – Choose a maximum of 3 things you’re “doing”
- [11:03] – Time Blocking
- [14:30] – Handeling distractions
- [17:01] – Increase focus and productivity by impementing limits – ie checking email only twice daily, at specified times
- [23:01] – Keeping track and developing a working system for you
- [25:06] – Planning work in advance
- [26:43] – Staying accountable
- [43:19] – Identify the most important tasks, make use of tools and outsource when able
- [43:48] – Your Homework
- [45:49] – Tom’s Bookshelf
Which of these drains is keeping you from getting more done? Check out our old post about creating a Kanban board!
Ariana’s Homework: Implement steps and proccess to overcome productivty drains and leave a comment listing your number 1 drain and 1 action you will use to improve.
Tom’s Homework: Choose 1 goal for the next 90 days and the top 3 key actions you will take to reach that goal.
The One Thing
- Serial Startups Show 23 Overcoming Your Biggest Productivity Drains Part 1
- Serial Startups Show 24 Overcoming Your Biggest Productivity Drains Part 2
- Plan With Purpose: The Ultimate Guide to Creating Your Ideal Lifestyle
- Lifestyle Builders Mentorship
- Join our Free Facebook Group for Family-Focused Entrepreneurs
- Adressing Distractions and finding your best workspace.
- You can’t keep track of everything, but you can create a system that works for you.
- Taking time to plan your work will avoid you feeling lost.
- Working with value.