Passion vs. Practical: Which Type of Business Should You Start?
Prefer to watch the video? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
Should you start a passion business or a practical business? Most people tell you passion, but is that always right? We dive in and discuss the pros and cons of each approach to business.
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:52] – Welcome
- [06:00] – Why Following Your Passion Can Get You In Trouble
- [09:34] – Hard To Run Your Passion Business Like A Business
- [14:42] – Let’s Talk Practical Business
- [22:42] – Should You Select A Passion or Practical Job
- [27:47] – Your Homework
- [32:12] – Tom’s Bookshelf
- Check out the Ikigai chart and use that to help you decide the which business to pursue.
- Whatever you have a passion for, I want you to think about how you will make money, then prove it out.
How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life
- How to Your Business Idea & Start Making Sales
- The eMyth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Fail & What To Do About It
- Quitter: Closing the Gap Between Your Day Job & Your Dream Job
- Building Your Ideal Lifestyle
- Plan With Purpose: The Ultimate Guide to Creating Your Ideal Lifestyle
- Lifestyle Builders Mentorship
- Join our Free Facebook Group for Family-Focused Entrepreneurs
- Passion can be good or bad when applied to business
- Have the passion for the end goals, not necessarily the mean goals
- Fall in love with your customers, not the product or service you offer