Q&A With Lifestyle Builders
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
We answer 3 questions submitted from listeners, including how far should you niche down, how to transition from working in your agency to being the owner, and how to set challenging business goals.
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:29] – Welcome
- [01:28] – Question 1I’m still working on the Scorecard and I’m feeling very stuck because most of what I can put on there is just “in theory”. Nothing I do at the moment works all the time or even in a way I’ve ever tracked in order to say … if I do “X”, I will get “Y”.
I can email my list one month and do great with sales and then another month crickets (or part of the month). I don’t have enough consistency of product at the moment to really know what works, other than that I can sell my membership consistently but the income on that isn’t enough to set as the main goal yet.
I feel like these plans should include “sure things” and that I don’t know that I have at the moment, so maybe I have more work to do and tracking to set up before I’m ready for the scorecard?
- [11:30] – Question 2Another Q: would you recommend ClickFunnels? I considered them about three website builders ago and it is frustrating rebuilding when one becomes unstable or just quits working. Two reasons I didn’t pick them were price and concern of it being yet another platform. I really prefer to keep stuff on my own domain if possible. I do love the community and the seven comma club motivation of that kind of prize. I do much better in contest and challenge than just left to do my own thing.
- [20:25] – Question 3What is the best workshop structure you have seen?
- [24:09] – Question 4Q…Has anyone had experience running a contest with good results?
- [30:49] – Question 5 I know that I have potential clients who are interested in the services that I offer, however, I need to start selling and fast. I’ve spent enough time validating ideas and planning out products/services. I’m ready to hit the ground running and I’ve been striving to start off right. I know that I could benefit from a business development coach and have made strides in getting one for next month. I need to sell and have begun my marketing strategy for the weekend as well as participate in events as a speaker to publicize my services. I have been knee deep in the trenches of work, but I’m looking to reap at least some of the benefits sooner than later. I don’t know if I necessarily have a question, but I would love to know what else I could do to set myself up for success.
- [37:54] – Question 6
When doing a launch of a service, any suggestions for how to incorporate affiliate aspects into it? Is it worth getting a software or plugin for it or could I simply use a discount code specific to individuals and pay them via PayPal?
- [40:48] – Question 7
When doing a public talk best way to attract/create potential clients?
- [44:40] – Question 8
I mostly have low priced products and currently working on a course. And I still have the membership. How do you know where to lead ppl to (in funnels) when you have multiple products?
- [54:40] -Question 9To grow or throw… I have a Facebook group of 2,000 members I manage that I honestly have neglected lately. Thus engagement is low. I still convert some into paying members through monthly webinars. Considering whether to keep it or not. I hate throwing out 2,000 leads, but worry about the time investment involved in reviving it. Thoughts?
- [1:04:08] – Some insights into our annual goal planning process
- [1:07:50] – For the goal breakdown sheet, what do you use and leading and lagging indicators?
- [1:09:50] – How would leading and lagging indicators apply to a product launch if I don’t know the numbers until launch week?
- [1:12:45] – Diving into why a member didn’t see their waitlist as a good predictor of sales.
- [1:16:25] – Common objections to purchasing of money or not seeing enough value
- Want to submit a question for us to answer live? Go to tomandariana.com/question
- ClickFunnels – 14-day free trial to the tool that we use to create our landing pages and sales funnels
- Plan With Purpose: The Ultimate Guide to Creating Your Ideal Lifestyle
- Lifestyle Builders Mentorship