Scheduling Your Day to Fit it All In
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
Being productive starts one day at a time. In this episode, we cover some strategies for how to schedule your day to be productive and get everything done.
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:53] – Welcome
- [05:00] – Take a lot at your tasks and your big picture
- [07:31] – Highlight your goals and how you want to achieve them
- [08:22] – Create daily and weekly tasks and check in often to make sure you are heading in the right direction
- [10:59] – Avoid multitasking or over booking
- This always hurts more than it helps
- [17:54] – Do a time audit!
- You may not realize how long you are spending on things like TV or how long a task really takes to complete from start to finish.
- You can find easy ways to swap time and use it more efficiently
- [20:05] – Find YOUR best work strategy
- Work with your own strengths and weaknesses – give yourself 2 weeks to try new methods and see which works best at the end of the time. Document your productivity during these trials
- [21:04] – Different methods of working strategy
- Time Blocking
- Theme Days
- “Catch All” Days
- [23:08] – Analyze and adjust as needed
- [27:25] – Homework
- [30:15] – Toms Bookshelf
- Do a time audit!! Grab our free audit template and get started tracking your time!
- Brain dump! Get it all out so you can see which tasks you need to focus on to reach your big picture
- Discover ways to keep yourself productive and working towards your goals
- Set up a working strategy and use it for 2 weeks, until you find your perfect working style
- Keep yourself in check by doing a time audit