Should I Start a Podcast? (Live From Podcast Movement 2018)
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
Podcasting is a growing medium and could represent an amazing opportunity to grow your business and get your message out to a wider audience. But should you start a podcast?
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:30] – Welcome
- [02:14] – What is involved in starting a podcast?
- Creating content
- [08:51] – The pros of starting a podcast
- Making connections and networking
- Improve speaking ability, including gaining public speaking comfort
- Podcasting allows for a more intimate connection with your customers
- [14:10] – The cons
- Time investment
- Added expense – while you can do it on your own, there are only so many hours in a day. Outsourcing tends to be needed, but will increase overall costs
- [19:53] – Is podcasting the right fit? What should you know before you begin?
- Understand HOW it will fit into your business model
- Determine if it is the right time to start
- Be sure you have all of the right systems in place before you begin
- [25:40] – Your Homework
- Make your own pros and cons for beginning a podcasrt
- Take a look at your goals – Would starting a podcast distract you from these goals, or bring you closer to them?