The Danger of Mom-Guilt
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
As an entrepreneur mom, it is so easy to get bogged down with all the expectations on you. In today’s show, we’re chatting on why you need to redefine mom-guilt and just let it go!
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:13] – Welcome
- [03:15] – Understanding the disconnect and why you feel guilt
- [05:15] – External expectations
- [07:10] – Gender expectations (Just FYI… trying to be Superwoman is no longer a thing… whew!)
- [08:28] – What happens when you can’t reign in your mom guilt
- Once you let one thing get to you, the rest tend to flow in too
- You cannot live up to everyone’s expectations of you. It is not possible, regardless of effort put in
- [11:10] – Identifying the expectations. Is it even yours?
- [13:09] – Letting go can be very freeing
- [15:56] – Acknowledging guilt when you begin feeling it can help you let it go
- [18;00] – Resetting boundaries
- [20:20] – Understanding what really matters
- Don’t be afraid to say no
- Ask for help
- [23:46] – Self care
- [26:04] – Action Items
- What is 1 thing you are feeling guilt about? Post in the comments, what is it and how do you plan to attack it?
- Take time to reflect daily. Meditate, journal, talk to someone.
Getting Things Done
- Mom guilt is real, but it doesn’t have to take you down
- Learn the ways to combat mom guilt, by setting boundaries and making plans for when it comes up
- Manage expectations by taking note of what REALLY matters