The FIRE Movement – Financial Independence, Retire w/ Entrepreneurship
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
The FIRE Movement is focused on Financial Independence and Retiring Early. We discuss this movement and add our perspective on how entrepreneurship fits into it
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:30] – Welcome
- [03:25] – What is FIRE?
- [05:28] – Why millennials are gravitating towards this movement
- [09:12] – FIRE movement and retirement – understanding your current financial situation
- [10:03] – Lean FIRE
- Extreme saving, minimalism
- [12:04] – Using the FIRE movement to travel as a digital nomad
- [13:03] – Barista FIRE – working part time for benefits
- [13:55] – Fat FIRE
- Reduce expenses by 50% (Most common method)
- [15:38] – Discovering what you really want out of life through the FIRE mindset
- [21:28] – Retire with Entrepreneurship – for those who really DO want to keep working
- [24:03] – Surviving to Thriving
- [30:05] – Action Items
- [31:26] – Toms Bookshelf
- Post in the comments what financial independence means to you? What does it allow you to do?
- Find your “freedom number”