The Importance of Positioning
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
How you & your business show up in the world can be a bit of a struggle to figure out. In today’s show, we talk about positioning and a couple of ways you can use it in your marketing to stand out
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:15] – Welcome
- [02:48] – Online businesses have created so much competition and can make it difficult for your customers to actually find you
- [04:30] – What you do in the mind of your prospect or potential client is positioning
- [08:18] – Even if you are not the face of your brand, your story is important. People like people
- [09:10] – Start with your story, this will become your “Why”
- [10:48] – Creating your mission statement
- [15:09] – Creating the connection with your “people”
- [20:09] – Creating your positioning statement
- Who you are
- What you stand for
- What is your purpose
- [23:36] – Positioning toward your customer journey
- [28:46] – Action Items
- [29:29] – Tom’s Bookshelf
- What’s one way you position your business that makes you stand out?
- Reach out to your existing customers, or even new ones and ask what they percieve of you and your brand. How do you come across to them?
- Learn how to create the brand
- Create your positioning statement
- Discover ways to connect with customers and draw them to you, by really honing in on your brand and why you are the best solution for their needs