The Secret to Planning Success!
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
Planning is CRITICAL to your success, but so many businesses get it wrong. In this episode, we discuss how to plan to achieve more success
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:29] – Welcome
- [07:04] – The Big Picture Plan
- Think of this as your 30,000 foot view
- Break plans into more manageable chunks of time
- [07:38] – Annual
- Reflect on the past year
- [12:42] – Quarterly
- This gives you enough time to adjust if something isn’t working
- [18:27] – Monthly
- These are short meetings, just to check in on immediate things, such as budgets and making sure you’re on the right track
- [22:55] – “If you’re tracking monthly and something is not on track, you change it and suddenly you’re back on track? Then you know more of what you need to be doing on a short term goal.” – Ariana
- [24:11] – Planning short term
- [28:46] – Weekly sync – this is your focus meeting, planning for the week ahead
- [40:22] – Daily sync – Just a quick check in, plan your day so you’re more likely to hold yourself accountable
- [45:32] – Use your calendar! Or a free tool we love is Trello
- [51:12] – Your Homework
- [56:08] – Tom’s Bookshelf
- Set some meetings and get them on your calendar!
- Implement a daily sync up, and start those check ins.
Death by Meeting
- Discover the ways that meetings will help your productivity and get you to your overall goals much faster
- Explore different ways to track and set yourself up for routine checks along the goal planning
- Make tracking and planning a habit and set yourself up for business success!