The Ups & Downs of the Entrepreneurial Journey w/ Mike & Katie Young
Prefer to listen to the audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
How do you navigate the entrepreneurial journey, including the highs and lows, while not letting your family fall apart? Mike and Katie Young join us to discuss
Build the Business YOU Need, to Support the Life You Crave for Your Loved Ones.
No more shots in the dark, hoping that new tactic or trick you heard about will work for your business. Get guidance, strategies and accountability from real people who actually CARE about your results.
Our members are seeing results, not only in their business but in their LIFE! As a Lifestyle Builder, we’ll help you get crystal clear on what you want in life, and how you can build your business to get you those results. If you’re ready to stop guessing and start taking intentional actions in your business, sign up to be a Lifestyle Builder today!
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:46] – Welcome
- [01:34] – Meet Katie and Mike
- [05:35] – The timeline
- [07:00] – Losing it all – twice
- [08:50] – Losing it all – with a newborn!
- [12:36] – Focusing on self
- [13:26] – “We literally, for about a yeah and a half, only saw each other on Sundays.” – Mike
- [14:46] – Creating balance
- [17:36] – Carving time for business, personal life and family
- [18:21] – Communication
- [18:34] – “We don’t really fight. It’s kind of awkward!” – Mike
- [24:24] – Establishing the important stuff
- [25:00] – “We don’t have a lot of arguments because we know what’s important to us.” – Mike
- [28:35] – Dropping the ego and asking for help
- [31:38] – “I think it’s easy to support someone you believe in, and I believe in him.” – Katie
- [40:00] – Coming out the otherside
- [41:15] – “When you go to do anything and you want a big change, it requires moments of being uncomfortable.” – Mike
- [46:00] – There is no perfect, but things do always work out
- [50:40] – Key takeaway
- Katie – Look at your strengths and keep going back to your “why”
- Mike – Just ask for help!
- [56:16] – Where to find Katie and Mike
Mike Young is a 44-year-old seasoned entrepreneur and is known as “The Makeover Master”, he works with successful entrepreneurs to launch or re-brand their online presence through his unique process, “The Makeover Experience.” Katie is a loving wife and mother to our two kids Jeff 11 and Lucy 9…She’s 41 years old and has been the backbone of our success. Over the past decade she’s done what it takes to support my entrepreneurial journey. Everything from bartender, stay at home mom to work in the baseball industry. She’s an amazingly strong woman who has had to battle anxiety, family suicides as well as our two periods of 15 month stretches with no income. I can honestly say there is no way we would be where we are today without her strength…
You don’t have to do this on your own.
This is just another “Membership” this is Mentorship.
That means you get to *actually* talk to the hosts! It’s not just another training portal full of hours of videos you don’t have time to watch, or a Facebook group full of team moderators. Tom & I are THERE with you, along with the rest of the #LifestyleBuilders family. To answer questions, give feedback, celebrate wins & support you on your not-so-happy days.
Strategy. Guidance. Actionable Training. Accountability.