There’s More to Business Than Marketing
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
It is so easy to get started in the online business world that new business owners often get caught up in the sexiness that is marketing. In today’s show we’re chatting on why you need to focus on the other 3 components of your business!
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:16] – Welcome
- [01:07] – The FOMO trap of marketing
- [03:05] – There are marketers who prey on people just starting out, by promising the “easy button” to sales. Unfortunately, there is no such thing
- [07:17] – Where (and how) marketing will fit in for you
- Your number 1 goal is to make that first dollar, and until that happens, marketing should be shelved
- [08:51] – Sales before marketing allows you to ensure you’re actually ready for the traffic that good marketing can provide
- [10:12] – Work your business in reverse
- [16:40] – If you haven’t set up the proper systems to fulfill sales, your marketing is rendered useless
- [21:10] – In the long run, marketing should always be just one piece of your entire sales strategy
- [25:17] – Action Items
- What is 1 thing you’ve been avoiding or procrastinating on? Have you been spending that energy on marketing instead? Should you be?
- Take a step back from your marketing and do an audit. Are there areas where there is a gap? Could you make it any more efficient?
- Discover the many reasons marketing should be a final step in your overall strategy
- Learn to work your business backwards
- Avoid paying for marketing as often as you can. Sometimes, organic marketing proves to be much more effective in garnering the right attention