Understanding your Customer
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
Most businesses don’t truly understand their customer, which is why they are struggling. In this episode, we walk through how to clarify and own your customer
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:36] – Welcome
- [05:14] – Who is your customer
- [06:13] – Discovering your ideal customer
- [08:00] – Demographics vs. Psychographics
- Gather information on a much deeper level through market research, social media, etc
- [10:14] – What do your customers need? Niche down until you’ve reached a specific enough person – this will then become your ideal customer
- [13:00] – Finding the pain points
- Ask, ask, ask! Diagnose symptoms and trace backward to find the root cause of the issues they need help with
- [15:40] – The Transformation
- [17:33] – Identify wants vs needs
- [20:20] – Learning how your customer thinks
- What are their dreams?
- What are their fears?
- [23:02] – What makes them ultimately buy?
- [23:31] – Buying styles
- [32:05] – Objections
- [39:49] – Homework
- [42:29] – Introducing – Ariana’s Bookshelf!
- [44:11] – Tom’s Bookshelf
- Use the 2 templates (Value Proposition Canvas and Empathy Map) to think about your ideal customer. Fill them out as best you can.
- Take the time to really discover your customer. If you already have customers, take the time to reach out and talk to them.