When Should You Leave Your Job?
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
With more and more opportunities to become an entrepreneur and a low barrier to entry into online business, it can be a struggle to figure out the right time to leave your 9-5 job. In today’s episode, we chat about how you can prepare yourself, and some of the milestones to hit before handing in that resignation letter!
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:18] – Welcome
- [03:10] – Mitigating risk
- [06:02] – Understanding the reality
- [08:00] – Safety
- [10:17] – Planning your expenses
- [11:06] – Prove your projections first
- [11:31] – Hating your job does not necessarily mean you should open a business
- [14:18] – Oftentimes, your job can actually give you experience and tools needed to become an entrepreneur
- [20:49] – Creating a “Runway”
- [26:28] – Milestones
- [28:35] – Action Items
- Thinking of leaving your job? Share your “quit” date with us for some public accountability!
- Spend some time figuring out your Runway
- Understanding exactly what it will take to be safe in quitting your job
- Create a “Runway”
- Realize that it’s still ok to continue working, ,while you build your business. There is no rule to when or IF you quit your jb