Work Life Integration, Not Balance
Prefer to watch the video? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
Most people struggle to achieve “work/life balance”, but this shouldn’t be the target. Let us show you how and why you should be focused on work/life integration.
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:50] – Welcome
- [03:52] – The origins of work-life balance
- [08:15] – Entrepreneurship + Marriage + Kids
- [13:10] – Rich Dad Poor Dad Cashflow Quadrant
- [15:00] – Tips and tactics to integrate work and life
- [28:21] – Families don’t function on formulas
- [31:08] – Your Homework
- [32:55] – Tom’s Bookshelf
- If you aren’t using a calendar, implement one this week that incorporates all aspects of your life and business.
- Do a time audit. Sitt down with a 1-week calendar and map out where your time is spent is 1/2 hour blocks. Then analyze and make adjustments to get your schedule in alignment with your goals.
For Better or For Work
- How Our Businesses Changed When We Became Parents (Twice)
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Jason Brown – TheBrownReport.com – Stock Market Trading
- “Save Your Finances (and Maybe Even Your Marriage): Invite Your Partner on a Money Date”
- How We Use Our Calendar for Weekly Planning
- Plan With Purpose: The Ultimate Guide to Creating Your Ideal Lifestyle
- Lifestyle Builders Mentorship
- Join our Free Facebook Group for Family-Focused Entrepreneurs
- Work-life balance is a concept related to having a job, not for entrepreneurs
- Focus on all aspects of your life and how they can exist in harmony
- Use success principles but tweak them to work for your life, don’t just copy them