Working From Home With Kids
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
Working from home with kids can be a challenge. Should you get a nanny? Send them to daycare? In this episode, we explore the various options and the pros/cons of each.
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:51] – Welcome
- [05:21] – How do you work from home with kids
- [08:15] – Are the kids going to stay home? Or do you put them in Daycare?
- [20:06] – Figure out what’s going to work for you
- [20:55] – What can you do if you DO have your kids home with you?
- [21:14] – Boundaries & Routines!
- [28:09] – The Unknown: Sick Days & Snow Days
- [32:50] – What do you do when you’ve got a kid home unexpectedly?
- [36:30] – KEY ACTION: Ask For Help!
- [38:15] – Your Homework
- [41:12] – Tom’s Bookshelf
- Make an “Emergency Kid Kit”!! Have special crafts or new things for your kids to play on an unexpected day home.
- Talk to your significant other about your plans for kids (if you have them or are planning to). How are you going to work? What does your life look like? Nanny, Daycare, home: Get aligned on your plan!
Getting Things Done
- Adding kids to entrepreneurship complicates many things
- Boundaries & Routines will help both you and your children
- When the unexpected happens, remember why you’re doing this in the first place