Working ON Your Business, Not IN It
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
A critical aspect of growing your business is shifting from working in your business to spending more time working on your business. In this episode, we talk through how to make the transition and overcome some of the struggles.
Are you looking to create your ideal lifestyle? Then we invite you to become a #lifestylebuilder.
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:50] – Welcome
- [05:20] – Don’t get stuck working IN your business, your goal is to work ON your business
- [08:20] – Oftentimes, business owners find themselves stuck working their business, which tends to feel like trading one job for another
- [10:06] – “People get into the wrong mindset of feeling like you have to be working 80 hours a week. And that just leads to burnout.” – Ariana
- [14:03] – Freelancing vs Solopreneur
- [15:56] – “Is what you’re doing now setting you up for where you want to be?” – Tom
- [16:51] – The benefits of transitioning OUT of your own business
- [20:36] – By removing yourself from the everyday tasks of your business, you may be able to actually grow and scale your business up, including focusing on ways to increase revenue
- Grow with a mind toward delegation
- Get those systems in place so your business can easily run wihtout you present
- [28:24] – Shifting into the role of a leader
- [29:05] – Struggles
- What if I am not a natural leader?
- [31:52] – “There is a big difference between being a manager and being a leader.” – Tom
- [33:33] – Getting those systems and processes in place
- Map out everything you do to make your business run – down to the most insignificant task. Map processses and look for inefficiencies
- [41:07] – Outsourcing
- [47:00] – Homework
- [49:00] – Toms Bookshelf
- Write down all of the hats you wear in your business. this could be any and everything, from back of house bookkeeping to changing the trash.
- Once you’ve listed all of your roles you play in your business, define which ones you like and dislike! This will be key in finding your perfect fit within your business later on.
The eMyth Revisisted
- Discover why it can be better for you to be on the outside of your business
- Plan for growth from the beginning. It wont always be you in the drivers seat of your business
- Prepare for struggles as you learn how to transition out of your business and into the role of a leader of your team