Your Customer Journey
Prefer just the Audio? Click here.
Episode Brief Description
Knowing who your ideal customer isn’t always enough. You need to also understand their journey to becoming a customer. In this episode, we share how to discover your customer’s journey
Key Insights & Timestamps
- [00:37] – Welcome
- [05:08] – Why is it important to track your customer journey?
- [06:12] – Behavior map your customer. What is their path to you?
- [10:21] – “When you understand your customers journey, you then understand where your customers come from.” – Tom
- [11:02] – Identifying and closing gaps
- [14:00] – The Before phase – when your customer is still a prospective buyer
- How did they become aware of you?
- [16:12] – Your target market
- [18:40] – Delivering your message
- [20:06] – How to channel
- Customer surveys can help you discover what they’re searching for on their way to find you
- [22:29] – The During phase
- This will be the beginning of your customers purchasing
- [23:46] – Tracking
- [31:45] – The After phase
- [32:38] – “A customer that had a negative experience is 8 times more likely to share that than a customer who has had a positive experience.” – Tom
- [34:06] – How do you continue to deliver?
- Ask if there is anything else they need
- Consider offering bonuses after their purchase
- [36:45] – Customer Lifetime Value
- [42:39] – Homework
- [45:22] – Toms Bookshelf
- Map your customer journey. Go back as far as you can, and don’t be afraid to ask them how they found you!
- Experience your customers journey for yourself. Make sure everything flows well and you’re offering a positive experience.
The 1-Page Marketing Plan
- Discover why your customer journey is so important to keep track of
- Find ways to attract customers, keep them buying and ultimately increase their lifetime value
- As always, be sure you’re putting your customer first